Saturday, January 28, 2012

Kumquats oh my!

I love going to Dade City, just an hour outside of where we live and Florida takes on a whole new view! Little rolling hills (which is so nice, since pretty much everything in Florida is FLAT!), trees, and just plain beauty. So today after soccer and voting, we headed there for the Annual Kumquat Festival!


We strolled thru the streets where all sorts of vendors lined the roads. There was everything from plants to tutus for dogs ( which Cailin and I thought was hysterical!) and also plenty of kumquat related items. I had no idea that so many things could be made from such a tiny fruit! There was wine, pie, soaps, jams, jellies and marmalade, honey and sauces oh, my! We made a stop at the tasting booth and tried a few different things and then of course we had to stop a get a slice of kumquat pie! Cailin and I were the only ones who kinda liked it. It was a cross between key lime and peach in our opinion. 


 Dade City has some beautiful architecture as well and I love to sit outside at the old courthouse and soak in the beauty of the downtown! 


And of course no time with my kids would be complete without a little of their goofiness! I love these guys!


Just an all around fun afternoon hanging out with the family and making memories!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Dade City does have a lot of charm. My parents were at the festival too!