Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A New School Year

We have hit a major school milestone in our house. Christopher graduated from elementary school and is now a middle schooler!! Where has the time gone, it seems like just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. I joke with the kids all the time that they get no more birthdays because this time with them is going by way too fast.  At open house he was able to meet all of his teachers and get a feel for what this year will hold even before the first day. He is so smart, funny and we are so proud of who is becoming.  He was nervous about starting a new school, but I think I was more nervous than he was going into the first day.


Cailin is now a second grader and thinks she owns the world. Oh, to have the confidence she has. Every single day she goes to school with a smile on her face, not so much excited about the learning side of it as she is the social side. She is just as smart as her brother but definitely shows it in different ways.


Every new school year I worry about what they will encounter, especially this year with middle school. I worry about what kind of friends they will choose, the things they will hear and see that we know they are not ready for. Our kids have to grow up so much faster then when I was in school. But in the end I know I have to trust God with my kids and know that He has their best interest at heart. So we will continue to cover them with prayer and teach them the best we can to make wise choices.

No comments: